54: “Swift 5.1, iOS 13 and iPadOS” with special guests Benedikt Terhechte and Bas Broek
Benedikt Terhechte and Bas Broek join John to dive into iOS 13 and iPadOS, as well as Swift 5.1 — how it powers SwiftUI, and if it would be possible to backport parts of SwiftUI to earlier iOS versions. Also, text editors, new iPhone and iPad UI conventions, and more.
This episode of Swift by Sundell was made possible thanks to three wonderful sponsors. Make sure to check them out to help support this show:
- Clubhouse: A lightweight, yet powerful project management tool built specifically for software development teams. Try Clubhouse for free for two months by going to clubhouse.io/sundell.
- Instabug: Quickly squash bugs with Instabug. Get a 14-day free trial and their brand new t-shirt by integrating Instabug into your app before the 9th of September. Get started at instabug.com/sundell.
- Netatmo: Join Netatmo’s iOS team to work on truly groundbreaking smart home devices, or use offer code SUNDELL to get an exclusive 15% discount on any of their products. Visit netatmo.com/company to learn more.
- John on Twitter
- Benedikt on Twitter
- Bas on Twitter
- Swift Weekly Brief
- The Swift Community Podcast with Bas and John
- Visual Studio Code
- Episode with Kaya Thomas
- The Swift 5.1 features that power SwiftUI’s API
- Benedikt’s SwiftUI backport
- John’s SwiftUI experiment
- Advances in UI Data Sources — WWDC 2019
- Advances in Collection View Layout — WWDC 2019
- UI Element Colors
- Modernizing Your UI for iOS 13 — WWDC 2019
- 7 essential WWDC session videos for iOS developers
- Bas’ website
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk