A lot of people reach out to me asking if they are allowed to translate one of my posts and publish it on their own website.
Generally, I love that people want to do this 👍. It helps bring the content I create to audiences that it wouldn’t otherwise be accessible to. However, I do have some requirements when it comes to how my content is represented and where it gets published.
So to make things crystal clear, I've created this translation policy that outlines what I allow you to do with my posts, and what I expect in return.
You are allowed to publish translations of any of the posts that appear on swiftbysundell.com, given that you agree to and comply with the following:
- Your translation must be very high quality and fully retain the meaning & content of the original post.
- You must make it clear & obvious that the post is a translation & not original content created by you.
- You must include a highly visible link to the original post and make it clear that I (John Sundell) am the original author.
- You may only publish your translation on a website that is fully owned & operated by you.
- You may not monetize translated versions of my posts in any way. That means you can’t publish your translation on any website that includes ads, paywalls or is subscription-based.
- I reserve the right to - without prior notice - request that you remove a translation of any of my posts from your website. You must comply to any such request within 24 hours.
- I also reserve the right to change this policy at any time without prior notice.
- Once you have published your translation, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to it.
If you find the above acceptable and your translation meets the requirements, then I look forward to seeing it online! 👍
Thank you for bringing my posts to new audiences! 🙏