62: “Backend-driven UIs” with special guest Kate Castellano
Listen using: Apple PodcastsOvercastCastroPocket CastsRSS
Kate Castellano joins John to discuss how views and UIs can be made more dynamic and data-driven, and how that could even enable certain views to get their entire layout configuration from the server. Also, view models, handling loading states, and much more.
- Ray Wenderlich: Accelerate the way your team learns new frameworks and technologies with a raywenderlich.com team subscription. Also, get a special discount on the Living by the Code book.
- Instabug: Thousands of companies, including Lyft and eBay, rely on Instabug to enhance their app quality and iterate faster. Go to instabug.com/sundell to start your 14-day free trial.
- Kate on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Women Who Code
- Preventing views from being model aware in Swift
- Kate’s UIKonf talk
- Kate’s Pragma Conference talk
- “Building a Server-driven User Experience” — ASCIIwwdc
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk