Chris Lattner, creator of Swift, joins John on this 50th episode of the show — to discuss the current state of Swift and how it came to be, as well as to speculate about what the future of the language and its ecosystem might look like.
This episode of Swift by Sundell was made possible thanks to two wonderful sponsors. Make sure to check them out to help support this show:
- Manning: Learn something new with a book or video course from Manning. Get a massive 40% discount on a great selection of content about Swift, iOS development, and beyond — by visiting deals.manning.com/sundell.
- Triplebyte: Apply to work for over 400 top tech companies through one single, fair and efficient interview process. Get a $1000 signing bonus when you find your next software developer job at triplebyte.com/sundell.
- Chris on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- The Swift Community Podcast
- Contribute to the Swift Community Podcast
- Swift Evolution
- Swift’s compiler and standard library
- Presentation on MLIR
- “The NeXT Era Ends, the Swift Era Begins” by Brent Simmons
- Jupyter notebooks
- Swift for TensorFlow
- Swift by Sundell newsletter
- Chris’ website