115: “A framework and an app” with special guest Simon Støvring
Listen using: Apple PodcastsOvercastCastroPocket CastsRSS
Simon Støvring returns to the show to talk about how he built his new text editor Runestone, how to effectively manage an app’s settings, performance tuning, and implementing an app’s core logic as a stand-alone framework.
- Judo: Quickly build native, server-driven UI for iOS and Android, and publish instantly, without having to submit updates to the App Store. Try it for free today, by going to judo.app/sundell.
- Bitrise: Rock-solid continuous integration for your Swift project, which now offers 50% faster builds and ad-ons for things like automatic deployment. Go to bitrise.io/swift to get started for free.
- Simon on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Data Jar
- Visual Studio Code
- Working Copy
- Property wrappers
- SwiftUI’s state management system
- SwiftUI’s TextEditor
- Managing dependencies using Swift Package Manager
- Simon’s website
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk